The natural color of the hair follicle is due to the presence of a color pigment called melanin. However, when the melanin pigment cells located at hair roots declines it leads to premature gray hair.
Graying of hair is a natural process when one ages, but when hair starts to grey in the early 20s or 30s it can hamper anybody’s confidence. There are many reasons, which can cause premature graying of hair.
Here are some of the reasons for premature greying of hair mentioned below:
- Vitamin and nutrient deficiency
- Excessive intake of tobacco
- Tuberous sclerosis
There are many commercially available hair colors, which instantly colors the grey hair in any desired color. But most of the time these commercially available colors can damage the hair follicles and cause hair fall.
The better alternative to combat premature greying of hair issue is to use natural home remedies.The home remedies are far more effective to get rid of grey hair and make the hair follicle healthier too.
Here are some quick and easy remedies to treat graying of hair naturally.
1.Coconut Oil and Lemon Juice Remedy
Get rid of gray hair with these easily available ingredients at home like coconut oil and lemon juice faster.
Coconut oil is an age old secret for maintaining hair at an optimal level with its nourishing and conditioning benefits. This natural oil helps to prevent grey hair, stops hair fall and strengthens the hair too.
Lemon juice helps to build healthy color pigments of the hair follicle for maintaining the natural color of the hair. Try this simple remedy to turn reverse grey hair into the desired natural color of the hair.
Things you need
- Coconut oil- 2 tbsp.
- Lemon juice- 2 tsp
- Firstly heat the coconut oil to a lukewarm temperature.
- Then remove the coconut oil from heat.
- Later add lemon juice and stir well.
- Apply this warm coconut oil and lemon juice solution all over the scalp and hair.
- Leave on the solution in the hair for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Then, rinse of the solution with water and follow up with a shampoo.
- This process must be repeated twice a week for preventing grey hair naturally.
2.Fenugreek Seeds and Coconut Oil Remedy
Looking for an easy option to stop grey hair, and then try this fenugreek seeds and coconut oil remedy. Fenugreek seeds contain lecithin and amino acids, which makes it an excellent treatment for grey hair.
Coconut oil is rich in minerals, vitamins and carbohydrates, which is beneficial for preventing greying of hair.
Try this amazing remedy to prevent greying of hair.
Things you need
- Fenugreek seeds- ¼ cup
- Coconut oil- ½ cup
- Firstly take ½ cup of coconut oil and bring it to a boil.
- Later add fenugreek seeds into the boiling oil.
- Allow the oil with fenugreek seeds to boil for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Then remove the fenugreek seeds infused oil from heat.
- Allow it to cool down to lukewarm temperature.
- Apply this lukewarm oil on hair and massage the oil into the hair in circular motions gently for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Leave on the oil application overnight.
- Next day wash off the hair thoroughly with shampoo and follow up with a conditioner.
- This process must be repeated twice a week for at least 3 weeks to treat grey hair.
3.Fenugreek Seeds, Henna, Basil, Coffee, Mint and Yogurt Hair Mask Remedy
Looking for a quick remedy to cover the grey hair, and then try this popular natural hair color home remedy. This is one of the most effective home remedies for grey hair, which contains ingredients like henna, coffee, fenugreek seed, basil, coffee, mint and yogurt.
Fenugreek seeds contain essential acids, which help to arrest the premature graying of hair and maintain a healthy hair color. Henna contains essential natural pigments, which naturally dyes the hair without any side effects.
Coffee is a great natural alternative to darken the hair and it’s even beneficial for making the hair stronger. Basil helps to stimulate the hair follicle and its medicinal properties helps to delay premature grey hair.
Mint possesses a good source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, which are beneficial for maintaining the natural pigments in the hair follicle.Yogurt is a great alternative to conditioner for smoothing the hair and nourishing the hair shaft from deep within.
Try this herbal hair color to reverse grey hair.
Things you need
- Fenugreek seeds- 2 tsp
- Henna powder- 2 tsp
- Basil leaves- 2 tsp
- Coffee powder- 3 tsp
- Mint juice- 3 tsp
- Yogurt- 1 tbsp.
- Water- 1 tbsp. Optional
- Shower cap
- Firstly soak fenugreek seeds in ½ cup of water overnight.
- The next day grind the fenugreek seeds, basil leaves and mint leaves into a smooth paste in a blender.
- Later take a mixing bowl and add all the dry ingredients like henna powder and coffee powder.
- Mix them well and later combine it with the wet ingredients like yogurt, fenugreek seeds, basil leaves and mint leaves paste.
- Mix well to form a uniform lump free paste.
- Apply this mask liberally all over the hair and mainly concentrating on the grey hair areas.
- Cover the hair with a shower cap to avoid stain on clothes.
- Leave on this hair mask for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Later start rinsing the hair mask thoroughly with plain water and then follow up with a shampoo.
- This process must be repeated once in a month to reverse grey hair effectively.
Home remedies are the easiest alternatives to prevent greying of hair. Amongst home remedies every household’s staple vegetable Onion is very effective to get rid of gray hair. Onions help to boost up the levels catalase, which restores the hair’s natural color.
Try this simple yet effective Onion remedy for curing greying of hair.
Things you need
- Onion- 1 (medium size)
- Muslin cloth
- Firstly peel the onion and cut into two halves.
- Then add the onion halves into a blending jar.
- Blend on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes until onion forms a smooth puree like consistency.
- Later strain the onion puree on a muslin cloth and extract the juice well.
- Apply this fresh extracted onion juice liberally all over the scalp and hair.
- Leave on the application of onion juice on hair for 40 to 60 minutes.
- Later ,rinse of the onion juice application with water thoroughly and follow up with a shampoo.
- This process must be repeated thrice a week for 1 month for noticing a significant reduction in grey hair.
5.Curry Leaves and Coconut Oil Remedy
Premature greying is a common concern and one of the simplest solutions to delay greying of hair is this Curry leaves and Coconut oil remedy.
Curry leaves contain vitamin B, which is beneficial for restoring the natural color pigments of the hair. Coconut oil restores the nutrients and vitamins in the hair follicle for delaying the occurrence of grey hair.
Try amazing this hair nourishing tonic now to avoid premature greying of hair.
Things you need
- Fresh curry leaves- ¼ cup
- Coconut oil- 1 cup
- Muslin cloth
- Bring 1 cup of coconut oil to boil firstly.
- Later add ¼ cup of fresh curry leaves into the boiling coconut oil.
- Allow the oil to boil for 10 to 15 minutes on low heat or until the curry leaves appear charred.
- Then remove the coconut oil infused with curry leaves from the heat.
- Strain the oil using a muslin cloth and allow the oil to cool down to room temperature.
- Apply this oil all over the hair and scalp liberally.
- Massage the oil into the hair for 4 to 5 minutes, so that the oil can work well on the hair follicles.
- Leave on the oil application for 30 to 40 minutes to get rid of grey hair.
- Later, rinse off the oil with water accompanied by shampoo.
- This process must be repeated twice a week for minimum 4 weeks to reverse gray hair.