Insomnia and sleeping disorders can be caused by several factors some include;
– Late night eating
– Certain medications
– Frequent and inappropriate use of mobile devices
Blood pressure regulating medications, pain killers and even antihistamines can cause insomnia.
While these medications can cause drowsiness and help you get to bed initially, they also increase your urge to urinate and cause anxiety which could further hinder your ability to get some much needed rest.
You should also avoid spending too much time on your mobile devices like your mobile phone at night as this could also lead to sleeplessness.
Natural Remedy For Insomnia
The Banana Tea Recipe:
To help you get to sleep well you will need to drink the banana tea recipe.
You will ensure that you boil only organic bananas as the GMO ones have chemicals such as pesticides on their peel that is extremely difficult to rinse off and you will need the banana peel for this recipe.
Banana peels are very rich in potassium and magnesium and these two minerals combined will help to relax the muscles and eventually this will help you get some sleep.
What is very interesting is that this tea takes about 10 minutes to prepare, saving you time and effort in the process.
It is best taken just before bedtime at night.
– Organic banana – 1
– Clean drinking water – in a small pot
– Cinnamon – a dash (optional)
– Place your unpeeled banana in the pot of boiling water.
– Before this however, make sure you cut off the two ends of the banana.
– Boil the banana for about 10 minutes.
– Get a colander and pour out the water into a cup.
– For added flavour you can add a dash of cinnamon to the banana tea.
– Drink this tea one hour prior to bedtime.
You might be wondering what happens to the banana itself.
Nothing goes to waste as you can add a dash of cinnamon to this fruit and eat it with its peel.
Sleeping Pills Are Bad For You
Most Americans take sleeping pills as regularly as a soft drink, it’s that common. However these off-the-counter medications have side effects that are harmful and even though sleeping pills may help short-term they can trigger off long-term health complications.